Sunday at Grand Kemang Hotel



On the last day of the Lebaran holidays (and I literally mean last day), my sister and I got a chance to enjoy the Sunday Brunch package at Sperta, Grand Kemang Hotel. And for FREE! Yep. I joined this mini quiz on Instagram hosted by J Ryan Karsten and I won so we were given 1 sunday brunch voucher for two people. The Sunday Brunch are actually for sale also, each at IDR 275.000 ++/person and an additional IDR 250.000 ++ if you want free flow of red wine, white wine, sparkling wine and beer (more info).


Honestly I have never heard of this place before, but who doesn't love free stuff right? :p
So when I got the voucher I did a little bit of research. Some other blogs have actually written their reviews on Grand Kemang's Brunch package and mostly came up with good reviews. On one of the blogs that I read, I saw that Sperta, where we had our brunch, is located next to the swimming pool. And of course, as a true water-person, I immediately questioned if we can swim also. Unfortunately it was vaguely told on other people's article, so I wasn't very sure if we were allowed.  Wanting to assure myself that I am allowed to swim, I decided to call Grand Kemang and... what a good news! Yes swimming is allowed. I was so happy and excited knowing that I could swim there.

Location
From the name, I knew that this hotel was located in Kemang but I had no idea where it was exactly, even though I go to Kemang quite often. Turns out the hotel is located right across Kemchicks Kemang. So there shouldn't be any problem trying to look for this hotel :)



Food and Beverage
I have to say Grand Kemang's variety of food served is A LOT! They have several stations in the restaurants and all of which are superbly delicious too. Sushi, Dim Sum, Meat Slice, Asian Food, Pasta, dessert, fruit slices, gelato, you name it. In the Pasta section itself, you can create your own pasta. When I came they had 4 selection of pasta and 6 selection of sauce. They also allow us to choose the toppings we'd like to use. I personally recommend the Choco Lava Cake and the Meat Slice.


Swimming Pool
There are two swimming pools at Grand Kemang Hotel, one for the adult and another for the kids. The size of the kids pool isn't that big, definitely not for a kids' pool party because it would probaly only fit around 7-10 kids. But the adult pool.... definitely can throw a pool party there. You have to make sure that you can swim though because the depth of their pool is around 2.5 meters! Yep, it's super deep and you surely can't stand on your feet.

If you happen to be staying at this hotel, they provide free towels for you to borrow. But if not - like me - you have to bring your own towel. You can also shower at the bathroom. They have 3 shower rooms along with soap and shampoo provided and a hair dryer if you don't want to go out with wet hair.


I definitely recommend this place as a staycation destination for the Jakarta peeps or even only for a day-visit. It is affordable and with what you pay, you get a lot! Be sure to follow their social media account too, they often have events that you might be interested in.

P.S. Thanks Ruanth for taking us there!

Grand Kemang Hotel
Jalan Kemang Raya, RT.14/RW.1, Bangka, Mampang Prapatan, RT 14 RW 1, Bangka, Mampang Prpt., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12730 (maps)
- website -

Get my latest update!
InstagramTwitter

0 comments