Good lcuk Tokopedia!

As a new chapter emerges, another has to end.
So is my journey with Tokopedia.

Yes, it has been a month since I left my job in Tokopedia as an Executive Assistant. Unbelievable because it seriously feels like it was only yesterday that I handed in my resignation letter and it is definitely not an easy decision to take. The reason why it probably took me this long to finally talk about it is because until my last day and even after a few weeks, I was still asking myself if it was the right thing to do.

I started joining this company when there were less than 300 Nakama - how we call employees in Tokopedia. One year went by and we had around 600 Nakama. Suddenly, in under two years, we already have more than a thousand Nakama, all working in the same city, in the same building. Back then I would know each and everyone's name, I would greet them whenever we pass in the corridors, and I could even talk to anyone who's at the pantry. We were that small. Now, every time someone comes up to me, I would have to ask them first who they are and which team they are from.

Two years might seem like a short time. But working in Tokopedia and especially as an Executive Assistant, I have learnt a lot! Branding, Event Organizing, Product Design, Customer Service, Accounting, Finance, Facility Management. The list goes on. Which makes Tokopedia a great place to learn actually.

However I am a firm believer of this specific verse
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
Ecclesiastes 3:1
And I think that this is the right time for me to graduate from Tokopedia.

I thank Pak William for being an inspiring CEO. God must've specifically chosen you to be the CEO of Tokopedia because of your perseverance, persistence, hard work, and in-depth and broad mindset. During my interview, I was asked what was my expectation of Tokopedia and I answered that I wanted to be inspired. And although maybe other expectations weren't met yet, but I surely met my main expectation which was to get inspired. Also thank you for the trust you have given me for the past two years. I apologize if I ever mess up your schedule or tire you with the endless meetings ✌🏼

I thank all the great chiefs and leaders of Tokopedia who have taught many different things from different aspects of the company. I most certainly enjoyed our formal and casual discussion. It may seem like unimportant topics, but believe me, each discussion have fueled my brain with more knowledge to step into the next world of career.

My next gratitude would definitely go to the People Department of Tokopedia, the department who accepts me as a part of their team although I rarely work very closely with. You guys are... beyond incredible. Especially the Recruitment team. Although you guys know annoy me sometimes, I am still thankful for your presence in my Tokopedia life journey. You guys are amazing and definitely strong women who cares more for others than yourself. Gotta love your goodbye notes btw! Hahaha

Next in line are the TopAmbassador coaches. You guys are true inspiration to the TopAmbassadors. Although we are in different companies now, hopefully we keep in touch no matter where we are! Ko Oei - sukses di tempat baru. Acun - jangan lupa undang gw pas nikah. Andre - kurang-kurangin pulang malem yah, kata nenek itu berbahaya. Fani - sabar-sabar yah setim sama Acun, semoga setelah nikah dia jadi lebih waras. Ka Nisa, Ala, Dhea! Mari kita karaoke lagi gengs!

Also to my fellow Nakama Academy Batch 3 fellas. In the beginning there were around 35 of us, but slowly one by one each of us started waving goodbye to Tokopedia. But don't worry, even though I am out of Tokopedia now, I'll make sure we still have our yearly dinner! Maybe it will be a reunion next year :D

My 2017 Halloween Team! You guys rock! I seriously don't know how to pull off a super cool halloween party for Tokopedia without all of you guys. Within a short amount of time you guys are able to squeeze out all of your creativity and deliver what is hopefully a remarkable Halloween party for our Nakama - with all the limitations we had being the first company-wide event in our building!

And all the other people who are close to my heart, you know who you are. Truly Tokopedia has become more than a workplace for me. But at the end of the day I still have to say and goodbye. And again I will say thank you thank you thank you to all Nakama of Tokopedia. I definitely can't do my job as an EA properly without all your support! And good lcuk Tokopedia. Be the pride of Indonesia.

Get my latest update! 

0 comments