What you see isn't always what you get

A few days ago, one of my friend asked me a question. The question was that, "do you still think about your dad?" And my answer was, "yea, definitely. Almost all the time. Why?"

Now here's the kinda-shocking-but-actually-not-really statement that my friend said, "you don't seem like someone who've lost their father."

I don't know for sure what my friend has in mind, but what I'm assuming is that my friend sees the joyful and super-happy faces of mine almost everyday, and so my friend thinks that I'm not thinking about my dad.

Well actually. I do think about my dad a lot, I remember the days where I used to hug his big belly, how I used to sleep next to him and listening the beat of his heart, how I hold his hand while he drives, I remember it all. And now that he's no longer here on earth, I do feel that I'm missing him.

Loosing him may have changed my life, but one thing for sure is that, him leaving doesn't mean that I have to let go of my joy. Infact, why should I? I know that he's in a better place now, I know that he's with God, so why should I be sad right?

All I wanna point out here is that, just because I can still smile and laugh, that doesn't mean I've forgotten about my dad. No. I just know that he's in a better place, that's why I smile.

And dad, I do miss you, and I will always miss you.

-your one and only bonjer

0 comments